Sunday, December 31, 2017

1. Life as Observed from the Middle Seat

Greetings, Everyone!

    My first Blog on New Year's Eve 2017, in what will become a weekly commentary as I elaborate on the trials and tribulations of becoming an "emerging" writer.  At 91, that designation doesn't necessarily presage a very long career in the writing field, but at least you can have some fun reading bits and pieces from the chapters I have already written.

    When I started recording my Memoirs, it was intended to be for my family.  But as I presented chapters to my Writing Group, they encouraged me to submit the occasional one for publication and I began to expand the direction my writing would take to include my thoughts and reflections on Life as well.  Life with a capital L.

    These musings usually occurred on the many long flights my husband and I took on our travels around the world, to and from the foreign countries we lived in, and other vacation destinations. 

    In Economy Class, squeezed between my husband in the window seat, and frequently with a size-challenged man occupying the aisle seat who would fall asleep as soon as the plane reached cruising altitude, I decided that my book would be titled "Life as Observed from the Middle Seat."

Dear Readers,
    Fasten your seat belts, and put your trays in their upright position.
    Enjoy the flight.





No comments:

Post a Comment

New Idea

/while trying to get closer to the Printing phase of my book and being chastised for still trying to add more subjects to the list of Headin...