Tuesday, January 2, 2018

4. Kissing the Blarney Stone

    The other day during a jewelry class I was giving, I told a story about one of the places I had lived in abroad, adding a few funny embellishments, and as the class was laughing, one of the students said, “Oh, Janice, you have the gift of the gab. You must have kissed the Blarney Stone”!

I stopped and said, “Well, you caught me, because I have kissed the Blarney Stone. Would you like to hear what it’s like?” They nodded, because they knew another story was coming whether they agreed or not.



The full story of visiting Blarney Castle is told in the chapter of my upcoming book, but in case you're wondering how kissing the Blarney Stone affected my gift of the gab, I can tell you that the only thing going through my mind as I was hanging upside down outside of that ledge was: "Don't blink! Don't blink!  Oh, God, please don't let my contacts fall out!"

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea there was a real Blarney Stone, or that if you kiss it, you then become a chatterbox!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you hang upside down, you deserve to get rewarded for your effort!

      Delete

New Idea

/while trying to get closer to the Printing phase of my book and being chastised for still trying to add more subjects to the list of Headin...