Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Lamenting the rat race.

I can just hear you saying, "Join the Club"
But I've been a member of this club for so long that it just seems normal.

I'm speaking of course, of all of we hamsters running and running around the wheel and not getting anywhere.  When do you finally get your taxes organized for the accountant?  When do you get all the old files filed? When do you get the gardener to come by to prune the Birds of Paradise? When do you get out the sewing machine to shorten all the legs of those new pants? When do I schedule the next jewelry class? And when do you get the revisions written on the last few articles you wrote for the book? "few?" Must be at least fifteen in the stack of "Incompletes-unrevised." I keep telling myself After the Holidays. After my birthday. After the Gem Show.  And now it will have to be After Taxes.

Oh, Janice, stop with the mantra "Procrastinate NOW!"  Live in the moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment

New concept

Well, I just finished the revision of the last chapter of my Memoir, and am ready for Alejandra to put all the finishing touches and Photo N...