Thursday, August 12, 2021

Just when you think it can't get any worse....

It does. Last week I whined about the flooding of my apartment, and developing a hard cough, constant enough to keep me from getting any sleep. So, what else could possibly get worse than all that? Well, folks, that was just the half of it. On Wed., the 4th, the cough was bad enough to acknowledge that I needed to have a doctor see me. My Primary Care doctor was on vacation. Her PA was not available, so I ended up with a nice MA who didn't know me from Adam. To the Blood Lab and chest x-ray. Friday the results were back and on Sat. a.m. Marta called at nine to say she'd be there in an hour to take me to the hospital. I had pneumonia, the cough needed intravenus antibotics, the MA found a nodule on the kidney, more ultrasounds; every time I turned around, they found another problem. Then began a full day of pain, frustration and anxiety, trying to find a bed in a hospital overwhelmed with Covid patients. One became available in the Maternity end of the Women's ward. but my computer has just frozen three times while writing this so I will mercifully let you go. I had a very nice private room, I as there 5 days. The intravenus didn't go in the vein but in a muscle and I had the most agonizing pain I've ever had in my entire life. They had to have a special ultra sounding of the veins to insert the needle and tube. Ya no mas. Five horrible days, but I'm not going to talk about it. I spent all day yesterday sitting on the edge of the bed waiting for them to get my Release approved. Steve brought me home at 4:30. So, I had five days of ample proof that the American system is totally geared to preventing lawsuits, the people don't know their equipment, and the unholiest of words you can ever hear are, "I'll be right back." Three hours later you're still waiting. Bernie, you've got a big job but you have to convince government to adopt the Canadian system. ASAP. Trying to build up my strength. Will let you know. Love, Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment

New concept

Well, I just finished the revision of the last chapter of my Memoir, and am ready for Alejandra to put all the finishing touches and Photo N...