Saturday, October 2, 2021

Successful craft show

Yesterday was the craft show for Valley Manor and in spite of some last-minute glitches (it wouldn't be Tucson without last-minute mind-changes!) it was a great success, much to my relief. During the previous two weeks I had been on the phone arranging for guest artisans here at Valley Manor to come and show their art, since I didn't wnt to hog the spotlight, and I felt we'd get a better turnout if the residents knew there would be more than just jewelry. My two former students, Linda and Connie came with their jewelry which is unusual, creative contemporary works in copper, including the difficult fold-forming. It was SO NICE to see them both again after such a long pandemic hiatus. We had people who made trivets, hand-painted greeting cards knitted lacy shawls, and I added hand-painted gift boxes on my table from water-color painting the Kelowna Waldorf School students had painted. I sold at least ten of my gossamer necklaces, seen so often on TV now. The turnout was great and the residents kept saying how much FUN it was, so that pleased me. All the guests sold enough to be happy with the results. It was a lot of work, though, and I couldn't have managed without the help of Mike, my new-found friend who has retired and is going to become a profesional jeweler. He helped lug tables around, helped people set up, made the Clubhouse look lovely, helped me put out all my jewelry and hung around jollying the customers till he folded up all the tables and we left the Clubhouse pristinely. What a help he was! It was so packed at 2 p.m. that I didn't have time to write out receipts and just threw the cash and checks in the shoebox. :-) But it was only for two hours, so not THAT MUCH cash and checks! With my arthritis acting up all last week, and guzzling Arthritis Tylenols and rubbing my right legt with Icy-Hot I got through it, but Boy, was I pooped! A HAPPY pooped, but if they had an escalator running between my aptartment and the dining-room I'd have been on it for Supper. Now, back to the book --- Love, Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment

New concept

Well, I just finished the revision of the last chapter of my Memoir, and am ready for Alejandra to put all the finishing touches and Photo N...