Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Bienvenidos. Mi casa es su casa.

Yes. Mi casa es su casa.  So states a ceramic plaque on a shelf outside the front door of my new residence. 

I've only been here not quite three weeks, and they have been pretty hectic.  I moved on Sept. 14th, a sort-of-symbolic date.  It would have been Fritz' and my 72nd Anniversary.  I wonder what he would have felt about this rather dramatic change.  Well, he definitely would not have liked being in a more social element. He liked his silence, his dominating the situation, and doing everything his way.  But he also liked a strictly-followed routine, so having to take his meals between defined time limits would not have bothered him, although having to pick and choose what to eat would have created a dilemma for him.

But for me, it has been a fairly complete change and a fairly complete pleasurable experience.  I still have cartons to unpack and my daily dilemma is not what to eat but where to put all my jewelry components that I can't bear to part with yet.  I hope to continue teaching classes, but downsizing from a four bedroom, studio-garage house to a one bedroom, one closet apartment is a bit of a challenge.  I wonder if renting one storage locker will turn into a two storage lockers situation....

I continued my writing today with the first report of life in a Senior Living environment.  I'm sending it to my former writing group so they can see what my life is like now.  I have joined the Writers Group at Atria Bell Court Gardens, and they do two writing challenges for two weeks and every third week you present something you have written, so I'll continue to get feedback on my chapters.

With all the other activities presented every day, plus the writing, plus the jewelry classes, I'll be kept on my toes. 

And there are still all those cartons waiting to be unpacked and a space found for the contents! Gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New concept

Well, I just finished the revision of the last chapter of my Memoir, and am ready for Alejandra to put all the finishing touches and Photo N...